Foremost: Marine Brochure
Foremost: Outdoor Brochure
What is Boatowners Insurance?
Boat insurance protects a boat, its owner, and passengers in the event of a loss. Boat insurance can include all motorized water vehicles including, but not limited to, fishing boats, pontoon boats, yachts, and jet skis.
- Sailboat - come in a variety of sizes, some with cabin features. They can have single or multiple sails, and often have motors for backup power.
- Pontoon - usually have two aluminum barrel-like hulls under a stable deck with railings all the way around. They are versatile and can be used for fishing, sunbathing and cruising around inland lakes. They often have a sun canopy to provide a shaded area and ample seating; most often powered by outboards.
- Bass Boat - designed to get to the fish as quickly as possible, these boats are usually outfitted with larger outboard motors. There are storage areas on board to store fishing poles, tackle and other gear. There is often a raised-deck casting platform, swivel seating, electronics and live wells, along with a designated area for a trolling motor.
- PWC (Personal Watercraft) - craft built for one, two, three or more people and can be stood upon or straddled. Personal Watercraft are often referred to by their brand names such as in jet ski.
- Fishing Boat - these boats are disgned specifically to allow for fishing anywhere on the deck. They often have space for storing fish gear. Most are outboard powered and they may have a small cabin.
- Deck Boat - named for the one level deck throughout, this multi purpose craft can be used for anything from fishing, swimming, sunbathing or short cruises. They usually accommodate a number of people. Most are outboard powered but they may use stern drives.
- Jet Boat - powered by jet pumps that are linked to the engines, jet boats can be small craft that accommodate only a few people or larger varieties that can pull water skiers. They are typically transported to the water via trailer and cost less than most other in-board motor craft.
- Cabin Cruiser - these small cruisers generally outboard or stern-drive power and are great for day cruising. They have a compact cabin area to allow for overnight stays and often have simple cooking capabilities.
- Runabout - the multiple purpose runabout is great for a variety of activities: water skiing, fishing, swimming, tubing, wakeboarding or sunbathing. They can have an open or closed bow and can be powered by outboard or stern-drive engines.
Boating Insurance Coverages
- Liability Coverage - pays for injuries and property damage to others as a result of a covered accident in which you are found to be legally liable. This may include pollution liability and wreckage removal depending on your policy.
- Collision Coverage - pays for damages to your boat, motor, trolling motor, trailer along with the permanent and some portable boating equipment as a result of a covered accident with another boat or object.
- Comprehensive Coverage - covers damages to your boat, motor, trolling motor, trailer and some permanent and portable boating equipment that are the result of events other than collision. For example, this can include damage from fire, theft or storms.
- Uninsured or Underinsured Boater Coverage - Covers the insured for damages and bodily injury that you and any passenger of your boat sustain if injured in a covered accident involving an uninsured or underinsured boater and also in some cases a hit-and-run boater.
- Medical Payments - Cover medical expenses for the treatment of injuries that are incurred by you or your boat passengers while operating or occupying your boat.
- On-Water Towing and Labor Coverage - This coverage option pays for towing expenses and other emergency services up to pre-defined limits in the event your boat becomes disabled on the water.
- Fishing Equipment Coverage - Specific coverage to help pay for damage to fishing equipment while on your insured boat or while being carried onto or off of your insured boat.
- Personal Effects Coverage - pays replacement cost for damages or losses of your personal property while onboard or while being carried onto or off of your insured boat.
Contact us to learn more about the right boat insurance for you.
Website by InsuranceSplash